JOIN OUR TEAM!
Thank you for your interest in employment at St. Thomas Aquinas High School. Our faculty and staff are united in fulfilling STA’s mission to transform the lives of students through a rigorous Catholic education, guided by faith and reason, and the light of the Gospel.
All current job openings are listed below with the instructions to apply. If you are interested in one of these positions, please complete an application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Dover, NH is seeking a qualified DIRECTOR OF MINISTRY AND CAMPUS LIFE
for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Director of Ministry and Campus Life leads all religious and service activity in a school in which faith is central to our mission-driven purpose. He or she creates and facilitates opportunities for students to explore, grow, and deepen their faith through service and activities. The Campus Minister nourishes our Catholic identity and must be a practicing Catholic.
Student Experience includes those vital aspects of education and personal development that are not strictly academic, athletic, or performing arts. These are extracurricular clubs and organizations, guest speakers, and school-wide community meetings and presentations. Often these experiences can be as impactful in a student’s life as anything a student learns in a traditional classroom. We believe these experiences are so important to our school culture and student life that we schedule daily time for them.
The Director of Ministry and Campus Life shall organize:
- Monthly masses and prayer services
- Campus observation of liturgical seasons and sacramental life
- Class-wide retreats
- A ministry-based Winterterm offering for a week in March
- Community service activities throughout the year
- Saints Taking Action, our school-wide community service day
- Service trips taking place on weekends, vacation weeks, and during the summer
- Young Neighbors In Action, a week-long summer program
- Student charitable giving such as dress-down days
The Director of Ministry and Campus Life shall:
- Nurture robust extracurricular clubs
- Work with the Principal to identify club advisors and support them
- Foster the development of student leaders within these clubs
- Schedule guest speakers for school-wide assemblies. Speakers might include public officials, community leaders, prominent alumni, employers, people who have unique experiences or stories to tell, and other achievers who can connect our students to the real world, lift their horizons, and serve as role models
- Coordinate with our Chaplain in regard to liturgy, sacraments, and Catholic Identity.
- Be present to the school community at large by attending and participating in school-sponsored events whenever able
- Facilitate opportunities for colleagues and members of the STA community to engage in faith activities
- Work with off-campus organizations that provide opportunities for students to foster faith and service
- Ability to support and enhance the Catholic mission of the School and desire to contribute to a comprehensive, high performing High School
- Bachelor’s degree in theology or other related field required, Master’s degree preferred
- Dynamic, flexible, creative, adaptive personality
- Ability to build relationships with students and counsels students on matters of faith
- Ability to create a welcoming environment for people of all faiths
- Ability to create and provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills
Please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, NH Certification and contact information for professional references to Stephanie Bolduc, Manager of Administrative Services, 197 Dover Point Road, Dover, NH 03820 or email@example.com. Candidates selected for an interview will also be required to fill out a Diocesan Teacher Application
St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Dover, NH is seeking a qualified Chemistry / Physical Science teacher for grades 9-12 for the 2023-2024 school year.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong subject background in chemistry and teaching experience in chemistry and physical science at the college-prep level. Physics sections may be available for the right candidate. The candidate must bring a commitment to high academic standards, a strong forward-looking vision for integrating STEM education, and direct experience implementing innovative teaching practices.
The candidate must support the Catholic mission of the school and engage fully in the life of the school community.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, NH Certification and contact information for professional references to Stephanie Bolduc, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 197 Dover Point Road, Dover, NH 03820 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates selected for an interview will also be required to fill out a Diocesan Teacher Application.
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time 12 month (At Will) Exempt
POSITION REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
Assistant Grounds Person/Custodial Crew Member is responsible for performing upkeep of the grounds/campus and custodial tasks. This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
- Clean windows and doors
- Prepare classrooms for incoming classes
- Remove and properly dispose of all trash and recyclable materials
- Maintain exterior property, including snow removal
- Oversee daily trash removal, restocking/cleaning restrooms, sweeping/mopping/vacuuming, cleaning/disinfecting tables, cleaning exterior entryway, graffiti removal, cleaning/polishing/floor maintenance for elevator, cleaning/disinfecting community surfaces (handrails, water fountains, vending machines, etc.).
- Performs other work related duties as assigned
- Mowing, weed control, pruning, raking, etc.
- Sports field preparation
Education/ Work Experience Requirements
- High school education or equivalent
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Customer-service oriented
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and able to multitask
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
- Ability to push/lift 75 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders
- Bending at waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, crouching as job may require
- Ability to work in hot temperatures
- Ability to work around lubricants, solvents, batteries, cleaning fluids, paint
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Bolduc – email@example.com or mail to: Stephanie Bolduc, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 197 Dover Point Road, Dover, NH 03820