We are currently accepting applications for the Class of 2025!
Admission Application Checklist
St. Thomas Aquinas High School is not just a school—we're a family. As such, we hope you will find our admissions process to be personalized and welcoming. This process is an opportunity for our staff to engage your child in conversation about how our high school can support, strengthen, and position him or her for a successful future. It is also an opportunity for your child to envision him or herself as an important and valued STA community member.
The admission process is both thorough and holistic; we carefully review all admission material, both quantitative aspects like your grades and entrance exam scores as well as qualitative qualities like essays, written statements, and your school and after-school involvement. Letters of recommendation are required so we can learn about your citizenship and how your current school environment sees the contributions you make.
A completed application that shares with us the best representation of who you are as a person and as a student includes:
1) All students, whether entering STA in the 9th grade or as a transfer, must complete the Admission Application online here: https://sta-nh.client.renweb.com/oa/?memberid=15378
- $40.00 Application Fee
- Early Action Deadline: November 1
- Regular Decision Deadline: January 15
2) Include a reference or letter of recommendation from your current English teacher, Math teacher, and guidance counselor.
3) Request from your counselor that your official transcripts from the past three years (current year and the previous two) are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4) All student must submit official test scores from the SSAT Exam.
- The SSAT can be taken in-person at a Prometric testing center; to find the nearest location, please visit: https://www.ssat.org/testing/prometric/overview
- This entrance exam is now offered in a remote-proctoring, online format that can be taken at home
5) To be considered for need-based financial aid, please submit a FACTS Financial Aid application, available online: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3GQTN
- Financial Aid application deadline is January 15
- FACTS Financial Aid will require the most recent (2019) IRS taxes, W-2 forms, and any schedules (if self-employed), Attn: Mrs. Lisa Puffer.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the admissions process or application materials, please contact the St. Thomas Aquinas Admission Department at Admission@stalux.org or call (603) 742-1324.
The St. Thomas Aquinas Admission Committee carefully considers and discusses each application. The Admission Committee consists of faculty members, guidance counselors and administrators. Collectively, the Committee seeks to find students who best fit the St. Thomas Aquinas High School mission and for whom our school will best serve educationally.
An applicant’s demonstrated desire to become a part of our St. Thomas Aquinas community is given serious consideration. We seek students who want to be a part of this Catholic, college-preparatory school and who will actively contribute to the many areas of St. Thomas Aquinas life (academics, service, athletics, the arts, leadership, etc.)
In reviewing a student candidate’s application, the Admission Committee considers his/her academic aptitude, which is reflected in the student’s previous grades, teacher recommendations and standardized test scores. That said, high academic achievement does not guarantee admission into St. Thomas Aquinas High School. A St. Thomas Aquinas student is fully vested in his/her education, willing and enthusiastic about participating in a vibrant, active community of learners, and accepting of the school mission.