St. Thomas Aquinas High, a Catholic secondary school located in Dover, NH is seeking a full-time Math teacher for the 2020-2021 school year.
Classes may include: Algebra 2, Algebra 1 and Geometry. Experience with Statistics and Computer Science are a plus.
Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) and 3-5 years' experience at the high school level. Please send a cover letter, resume and transcripts to Lisa Puffer, St. Thomas Aquinas High School, 197 Dover Point Road, Dover, NH 03820 or email@example.com.
In addition, candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete a Diocesan application available by clicking here.
POSITION TITLE: Principal
POSITION STATUS: FT 12 month (At Will) Exempt
POSITION REPORTS TO: Head of School/President
DATE CREATED/REVISED: March 1, 2020
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
St. Thomas Aquinas High School is a caring community, transforming the lives of students through a rigorous Catholic education, guided by the light of the Gospel – developing their unique gifts, strengthening their personal faith and integrity, and fostering within them a commitment to justice, service, and moral leadership.
St. Thomas Aquinas High School is currently undergoing a transformational change of governance with the full support of the Bishop of the Diocese of Manchester. As part of our new governance structure we are implementing a President/Principal leadership model. The Principal position is an integral part of this plan and will work in partnership with the new President.
The Principal serves as the chief academic officer of the School. The Principal is directly responsible for all facets of the School’s academic success, continuous academic improvement, faculty, curriculum and student development, along with the general good superintendence of student related operations.
The Principal works under the direction and approval of the Head of School/President and is a senior leadership position with wide independence and authority. S/he must be a joyful Catholic and committed to promoting and sustaining the School’s Catholic Mission, ensuring that Catholic culture is integrated into the School’s life.
1. Serve as a Catholic leader of the School, able to articulate and lead in prayer, while also ensuring the Catholic Mission is integrated throughout the academic and student development Mission
2. Manages the recruitment, selection, and retention of faculty and various staff
3. Directs all matters related to the academic including faculty oversight, curriculum development, schedules and calendars, assessment/evaluations and professional development
4. Oversees all matters related to student development including student conduct and extracurricular activities
5. Responsible to develop, plan and communicate operational expectations for excellence to faculty and respective administrators and staff
6. Partners with the Head of School/President and other key stakeholders to deliver a continuous compelling vision for excellence that encompasses academics, school culture, community engagement, alumni engagement, and Board collaboration
7. Comfortable with transformational institutional change and direction
8. Actively participate in and support of the Cabinet, School leadership and administration and activities of the School
9. Other duties as assigned by the Head of School/ President
- Master’s degree required
- A minimum of five years of educational leadership experience, ten years preferred
- Desire and ability to work with young students in a Mission - oriented Catholic, academically competitive performing High School
- High School teaching experience preferred
- A deep commitment to personal and professional integrity and moral character
- Experience with curricular technology implementation and new teaching models
- Evidence of successful budgetary and fiscal management
- Strong motivational skills, instructional leadership, time management, collaboration with others, organizational, oral and written communication skills, decision making, conflict prevention and resolution skills
- Ability to work productively and positively with faculty, staff, parents and community
- Ability to motivate and influence others to achieve excellence in the workplace
- Nurtures the faith development of students, faculty and staff, by providing opportunities for individual and group spiritual growth
- Ensures quality Catholic religious instruction to students and helps provides opportunities to celebrate the Catholic faith while fostering consistent practices of Christian service
- Recognizes, respects and facilitates the role of parents as the primary faith educators of their children
- Promotes Catholic values within the local and larger community
- Integrates gospel values and Christian ethics into the curriculum, policies, and life of the school
- Maintains awareness of current trends related to Catholic schools
The Principal understands, articulates, and promotes the Mission of St. Thomas Aquinas High School through its Catholic culture, ministry of evangelization, and commitment to the formation and education of students spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and morally.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Director of Communications, Molly Wade, at firstname.lastname@example.org.