St. Thomas Aquinas High School requires prospective students to follow an application process. The process differs slightly for 8th grade prospective students than it does for high school transfer students. During this process, certain application materials are required to be eligible for admission. You will find the necessary information supplied under the heading as it applies to your son or daughter.
Applications for the freshman class must be received by December 19, 2016.
Spring rolling admissions for new and transfer students begin January1, 2017 as space becomes available.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the admissions process or application materials, please contact the St. Thomas Aquinas Admissions Department at Admissions@stalux.org
or call (603) 742-1324.
Eighth grade applicants must take either the High School Placement Test (HSPT) or the SSAT. Click here for more information on the HSPT. Students may take either of these tests here at St. Thomas Aquinas or submit results from another testing center. If testing at another site, please include us wtih schools receiving your results. For HSPT use code #300143; for SSAT please include St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Dover, NH.
HSPT Click here to register online for the HSPT. Use registration access code Z2.
November 5, 2016
December 3, 2016
SSAT Click here to register online for the SSAT.
November 12, 2016
December 10, 2016
January 7, 2017
|Please follow the steps below to complete the Online Application|
FOR CURRENT FAMILIES
- Click on the Apply Today button (to the right).
- Please enter your STA parent username and password when prompted.
FOR PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES
- Click the Apply Today button (to the right).
- Select the blue "Create Account" link to create a STA username and password.
- After entering your basic information, select the "Create Account" button.
- Here's the good news, our system may recognize you by your email address!
- If the system recognizes your email address, your email address will be highlighted in red after you press submit.
- If this occurs, select the "Forgot Login?" button. You will then be prompted to enter your email address to receive an automatic reply containing your STA username and password.
- Once you receive your STA username and password you will have access to complete the online application, monitor the progress of your son or daughter through the admissions process and learn more about St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Application Process for 8th Grade Applicants
The process begins in early fall for 8th grade students with several events designed to help interested students and families get to know our school.
The following materials are required:
- A completed Application for Admission
- Official 7th and 8th grade transcripts
- Two (2) eighth grade Teacher Recommendations (one from a Math teacher and the other from an English/Reading/Language Arts teacher)
- One (1) School Recommendation from current school administrator (Principal, Guidance Counselor, etc.)
- $40 Application Fee
- Entrance Exam Essay
A completed Catholic High School Placement Test (HSPT)
OR SSAT exam. If testing at another site, please include St. Thomas Aquinas High School for schools receiving your results. For HSPT use code #300143; for SSAT please include St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Dover, NH.
Information provided to us during this process will help us assemble the next class of committed learners, moral leaders and caring citizens.
A complete information package including application materials will be distributed at Open House.
Applications for the freshman class must be received by December 19, 2016. For information regarding late application to grade nine, please contact the Admissions Office.
The eight person St. Thomas Aquinas Admissions Committee carefully considers and discusses each application. The Admissions Committee consists of faculty members, guidance counselors and administrators. Collectively, the Committee seeks to find students who best fit the St. Thomas Aquinas High School mission and for whom our school will best serve educationally.
An applicant’s demonstrated desire to become a part of our St. Thomas Aquinas community is given serious consideration. We seek students who want to be a part of this Catholic, college-preparatory school and who will actively contribute to the many areas of St. Thomas Aquinas life (academics, service, athletics, the arts, leadership, etc.)
In reviewing a student candidate’s application, the Admissions Committee considers his/her academic aptitude, which is reflected in the student’s previous grades, teacher recommendations and standardized test scores. That said, high academic achievement does not guarantee admission into St. Thomas Aquinas High School. A St. Thomas Aquinas student is fully vested in his/her education, willing and enthusiastic about participating in a vibrant, active community of learners, and accepting of the school mission.
|Entrance Exam registration access code: Z2|
Printable Application Materials