St. Thomas Aquinas High School requires prospective students to follow an application process. The process differs slightly for 8th grade prospective students than it does for high school transfer students. During this process, certain application materials are required to be eligible for admission. You will find the necessary information supplied under the heading as it applies to your son or daughter.
Applications for the freshman class must be received by December 18, 2015.
Spring rolling admissions for new and transfer students begin March 1, 2016 as space becomes available.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the admissions process or application materials, please contact the St. Thomas Aquinas Admissions Department at Admissions@stalux.org
or call (603) 742-1324.
St. Thomas Aquinas will administer the entrance exam on Saturday, December 12 at 8:30am. Students should register for the exam prior to testing. To register online, use link below on the right.
St. Thomas Aquinas uses Scholastic Testing Service’s High School Placement Test (HSPT). The HSPT exam is used as an additional tool in evaluating a student’s potential for success at St. Thomas Aquinas and may also be used to determine placement in leveled courses (i.e. Honors English, Math, etc.). An essay portion is required as part of the entrance exam. It is reviewed and evaluated for quality and content. No score is given for the essay.
General Exam Info: Students should arrive by 8:15am for an 8:30am start. The exam will conclude at approximately noon.
Calculators are not used. Please bring two #2 pencils.
|Please follow the steps below to complete the Online Application|
FOR CURRENT FAMILIES
- Click on the Apply Today button (to the right).
- Please enter your STA parent username and password when prompted.
FOR PROSPECTIVE FAMILIES
- Click the Apply Today button (to the right).
- Select the blue "Create Account" link to create a STA username and password.
- After entering your basic information, select the "Create Account" button.
- Here's the good news, our system may recognize you by your email address!
- If the system recognizes your email address, your email address will be highlighted in red after you press submit.
- If this occurs, select the "Forgot Login?" button. You will then be prompted to enter your email address to receive an automatic reply containing your STA username and password.
- Once you receive your STA username and password you will have access to complete the online application, monitor the progress of your son or daughter through the admissions process and learn more about St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Application Process for 8th Grade Applicants
The process begins in early fall for 8th grade students with several events designed to help interested students and families get to know our school.
The following materials are required:
- A completed Application for Admission
- Official 7th and 8th grade transcripts
- Two (2) eighth grade Teacher Recommendations (one from a Math/Science teacher and the other from an English/Reading/Social Studies teacher)
- One (1) School Recommendation from current school administrator (Principal, Guidance Counselor, etc.)
- $40 Application Fee
- Entrance Exam Essay
Information provided to us during this process will help us assemble the next class of committed learners, moral leaders and caring citizens.
A complete information package including application materials will be distributed at Open House.
Applications for the freshman class must be received by December 18, 2015. For information regarding late application to grade nine, please contact the Admissions Office.
The eight person St. Thomas Aquinas Admissions Committee carefully considers and discusses each application. The Admissions Committee consists of faculty members, guidance counselors and administrators. Collectively, the Committee seeks to find students who best fit the St. Thomas Aquinas High School mission and for whom our school will best serve educationally.
An applicant’s demonstrated desire to become a part of our St. Thomas Aquinas community is given serious consideration. We seek students who want to be a part of this Catholic, college-preparatory school and who will actively contribute to the many areas of St. Thomas Aquinas life (academics, service, athletics, the arts, leadership, etc.)
In reviewing a student candidate’s application, the Admissions Committee considers his/her academic aptitude, which is reflected in the student’s previous grades, teacher recommendations and standardized test scores. That said, high academic achievement does not guarantee admission into St. Thomas Aquinas High School. A St. Thomas Aquinas student is fully vested in his/her education, willing and enthusiastic about participating in a vibrant, active community of learners, and accepting of the school mission.
|Entrance Exam registration access code: Z2|
Printable Application Materials